Once called the Capitol Theatre and purpose built in 1928 to screen silent films, the cinema was converted in 1932 to screen 'talkies' making it the last theatre in Wellington to do so. After a period as a shopping mall the cinema has been rebuilt in 1920s/30s style retaining the original art deco façade, giving Miramar, the centre of film in Wellington, its own movie theatre. Weta Workshop's Tania Rodgers and film editor Jamie Selkirk are two of the enthusiasts behind the 7 million dollar restoration. The cinema's two theatres have been fitted with state-of-the-art audio and visual technology while Weta workshop expertise has contributed to the art deco decoration which recalls the grand cinemas of the thirties. CoCo restaurant offers the opportunity for cocktails and snacks to fit in with film-going or full menus for dinner and brunch.