Pitt Street Methodist Church

In the nineteenth century, the Methodists were divided into several sects and the number of places of worship these different sects built give Methodist churches an important place in the history of New Zealand’s church architecture. Designed by local architect Philip Herepath and built in 1864-65, the Pitt Street Methodist Church is typical of many examples throughout the country of Victorian Gothic executed in brick.

The Pitt Street church has been referred to as 'the Cathedral of Auckland Methodism' and the extensive story on the Heritage NZ site tells of the important visitors it has had and the role of prominent members of its congregation in national life.

Booking.com