Former Hastings Post Office

Built in reinforced concrete in 1932 following the destruction of its Edwardian predecessor in the Napier earthquake  the former Hastings Post Office is in the stripped classical style. The Government architect was  J T Mair. A noteworthy feature in the townscape it remained in use until 2000.

Stan the Van Man Post Marks: The way we were - Early New Zealand postcards, 1897-1922 New Zealand Story in Stamps